13918 Meridian East
Puyallup, WA 98373
Firgrove Elementary School is located on South Hill, west of Meridian Street South and south of 136th Street East. The original school opened in 1930 as part of the former Firgrove School District. In 1946, the Firgrove School District consolidated with the Puyallup School District.
As part of the 2015 bond package, the $45.9 million-dollar Firgrove Elementary replacement project replaced the old Firgrove facilities with two replacement buildings totaling approximately 97,000 square feet consisting of 30 classrooms and 15 project rooms as well as four (4) special education classrooms, two (2) music rooms, a library, a gymnasium/commons/lunchroom area, administration spaces, improved play areas, parent drop-off and parking. The replacement buildings are constructed to the west of the original Firgrove Elementary campus and south of Ballou Junior High.
The new school, a design of Mahlum Architects from Seattle, Washington, and constructed by Neeley Construction from Puyallup, Washington, was built according to Washington State’s green building standard for high performance buildings. This environmentally friendly design includes energy efficiency, daylighting, water conservation, stormwater treatment and sustainable materials.
The school opened to students in September 2019 and will become eligible for state matching funds for modernization or new construction in lieu of modernization in the year 204