Welcome to the Firgrove Library webpage. It is with great pleasure to welcome your children to another fun year reading and experiencing the joy in reading GREAT BOOKS!!!
Our library collection holds over 11,000 books and materials to meet the needs of all K-6 students and our wonderful teaching staff. Thanks to the PTA, our library budget and various grant funding, we add new titles to our collection often.
We look forward to seeing your children in the library. Keep an eye on this website as we will be adding content often to keep you "in the know" about the Firgrove Library.
The mission of the Firgrove Library is to be the instructional partner in support of the educational, intellectual and recreational growth of all faculty, students and staff. The library will:
- Provide a welcoming space that encourages intellectual curiosity and independent learning
- Offer a program that teaches critical, competent, and ethical use of print and digital media
- Stimulate interest, confidence and appreciation for literature from a variety of cultures
- Collaborate with others in the design of standards-based learning experiences
- Promote the enjoyment of reading for lifelong learning
Books, books and more books!
Check out the Newbery Winner for 2016!
Last Stop on Market Street by Matt de la Pena
Open Library is for students needing to exchange their AR book and/or use the library computers to take an AR quiz. Otherwise, students are guaranteed a visit to the library once a week with their class.
Open Library Hours
- Monday: 12:45 - 1:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11:15 - 11:45 a.m.
- Wednesday: 2:20 - 2:45 p.m.
- Thursday: 2:15 - 2:45 p.m.
- Friday: 9:45 - 10:15 a.m.